Anandi Gopal Joshi was the first Indian female physicians. Anandibai was born on 31 March 1865 in Thane, British India. She was dead on 26 February 1887 in Pune, Bombay Presidency, British India. She died at the very early age of 21.
She was graduated with a two-year degree in medicine in the United States. Anandi Gopal Joshi was the first Indian Doctor and every Indian proud of this.
Original name of Anandibai was “Yamuna”. Her husband renamed her name into Anadibai after her marriage.There is no information about her father and mother’s name. But his father is a landlord.
Anandi was married at the age of nine to Gopalrao Joshi, Gopalrao too much older than Anadibai. He was approx 21 years elder than Anadibai. Gopal Rao worked as a postal clerk.
Anandi Gopal Joshi – Wiki – Biography:
|Name||Anandi Gopal Joshi|
|Date of Birth||31 March 1865|
|Died||26 February 1887|
|Birthplace||Thane, British India|
|College/ University||Graduated from a two-year degree
in medicine in the United States
|Father’s Name||Not Known|
|Mather’s Name||Not Known|
|Brother’s Name||Not Known|
|Sister’s Name||Not Known|
|Girlfriend / Boyfriend||Not known|
|Favorite Actor||Not known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Height in Centimeters||Not Known|
|Weight in Kilograms||Not Known|
|Popular Fact||First Indian female physicians|
Interesting Facts About Anandi Gopal Joshi
- Anandi Gopal Joshi was the first woman of India who was graduated with a two-year degree in medicine in the United States.
- At the age of 9, she married with Gopalrao Joshi.
- Her original name is “Yamuna”.
- Anandi Bai died at the age of 21 due to tuberculosis.
- She gave birth her first child at the age of 14.( Shocking)
- On March 31st, 2018, Google honored her with a Google Doodle to mark her 153rd birth anniversary.